r/AppleWhatShouldIBuy • u/rypicardmsft • 21h ago
iPhone IPhone 16plus for bigger screen?
I’m currently on an iPhone 14 Plus I’ve had for 2 years. It operates perfectly fine. I usually have about 25-30% battery by end of the day. I’m a medium user, not really any video or big apps but I’m texting and using Internet quite a bit.
I like a plus model, always have. The battery seems significantly better than regular models and I don’t feel compelled to get a pro max ever because I just don’t care that much. Every once and a while on a flight it’s much nicer to watch Netflix and I hate hate losing battery.
I’m realizing that the plus models are getting discontinued … and the 16plus is the last time a non-pro model will come in plus.
Soooo…. Should I get the iPhone 16plus for £750? I don’t really need it, I would usually wait 1-2 years, but since it’s kind of the last opportunity I’m wondering if I should just send it and delay needing to migrate off a model family I have a good thing with.
1
u/FlawCheckorg 3h ago
I'd keep the 14 Plus for now, based on what you've described. It works well, has the screen size you like, and still finishes your normal day with 25–30% left. The £750 purchase sounds driven more by the fear of losing the Plus option than by a problem with your current phone.
Before spending, try the 16 Plus in person and ask what it changes for your actual use beyond owning a newer phone. For the occasional flight, a power bank may solve the immediate concern much more cheaply. If battery life becomes the weak point later, get a battery-service quote before deciding you need a whole new phone. There is uncertainty about future stock, but that alone wouldn't persuade me to replace a phone that's meeting your needs.
-2
u/Royal_Medicine8648 19h ago
You could get the 16 plus or you could get the 17 pro or 18 pro its the same size as the plus
2
u/mikey_87 18h ago
lol what. the plus has a 6.7” screen and last I checked 17/18P is 6.3”. pls stop spreading misinformation.
0
0
1
u/VivianBlush 18h ago
I would wait a year and buy a 16 Plus for a cheaper price (it will come down in price), unless your battery health is starting to decrease?